Information for Parents and After School Care Providers
Grades Pre-K to 8
Participate in Science and Math workshops that are inquiry and research based and designed to promote student success! Activities are correlated to State and National Science Standards and explore curriculum connections across the disciplines. Come and explore strategies to help children succeed! Expand your knowledge of what children must know and be able to do!
The Brain and Learning:
A Science Symposium for Educators PreK – 8th Grade
co-Sponsored by California Science Center and Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Join us for two exciting days of science, fun and learning!
Friday, April 12, 2013
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Kenneth E. Phillips
Curator, Aerospace Science at the California Science Center
Saturday, April -13, 2013
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Kenneth Wesson
Internationally Renowned Educator and Brain Scholar
The Brain and Learning Symposium will feature two days of learning opportunities with a morning keynote session, over 10 afternoon workshop sessions, a curriculum faire hosted by exhibitors and organizations offering a variety of learning activities. The foci of this symposium are to bring educators the most current information on STEM and brain development, to provide tools that help create optimal learning experiences for children, and to offer strategies on how STEM can be integrated with all learning areas.
Highlights of this event include:
- Exploring how the human brain works!
- Discovering how emotions affect learning!
- Finding ways to increase your child’s excitement about learning!
- Expanding your knowledge of how we remember and why we forget!
- Exclusive viewing of Space Shuttle Endeavour and the IMAX movie: Hubble 3-D (only on Friday, April 12)
- Participating in “brain considerate” learning activities and specialized afternoon sessions that will stimulate the brain and enhance student achievement!
- Receiving educational materials that will inspire your own active learning and your work with children!
Workshop Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Workshop Location: California Science Center: Wallis Annenberg Building
- 1 Day- $85.00
- 2 Days- Early Bird Registration -$125 (through February 28, 2013)
- General Registration -$150 (March 1-March 31, 2013)
- Group Registration -$ 100 (per person through March 1- March 31, 2013)
Sign up for the Special Workshops by downloading the Application Form.
Special Workshop Registration fee includes: parking, lessons plans, materials, and a certificate of attendance.
Enrollment is limited!
Register early to reserve your spot.
Questions? Call 213.744.7455 or email email@example.com.
Please click here for more information.
First Thursdays at the California Science Center
PK-8th Grade Educator Workshop Schedule
First Thursday workshops have been canceled until further notice. To request addtiontal information, please contact Anna Gaiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THESE WORKSHOPS ARE FOR ADULTS
ONLY. TRANSLATION SERVICES AVAILBLE.
CHILDCARE CAN NOT BE PROVIDED.
fees include parking and limited materials!
you have any questions or need additional information please
call Anna Gaiter, Director of Professional Development at (213) 744-7455, or e-mail email@example.com.