The Development Coordinator supports fundraising activities through the Partners in Learning annual giving program, Discovery Ball annual gala and Team Endeavour tile sponsorship program. The Development Coordinator provides administrative support and assists in the cultivation and stewardship of prospects and donors.
- Processes donations including accurate data entry of pledges, gifts/payments and upper-level memberships.
- Coordinates with Accounting office to ensure monthly and fiscal year-end revenue reconciliation. Compiles timely revenue data for reporting to the Board of Trustees and Trustee committees on progress toward fundraising goals.
- Produces and tracks renewal letters and requests, acknowledgment letters and receipts, invoices and other correspondence, and prepares benefits fulfillment packages.
- Provides customer service and donor stewardship as a point of contact for Partners in Learning donors, Discovery Ball patrons/table sponsors and Team Endeavour tile sponsors.
- Provides staff support for the Discovery Ball, including coordinating committee meetings and follow-up; managing materials and publication mailings; recording pledges and donations; creating reports; preparing invoices, acknowledgment letters and other correspondence; tracking guest lists. Oversees night-of-event Discovery Ball guest registration and vehicle raffle sales, including volunteer coordination in support of these efforts, and assists with the live auction.
- Assists with planning, coordination and staffs donor events and programs, including coordinating invitations and RSVPs, room and A/V arrangements and catering.
- Serves as a Power User of Raiserís Edge database program, including training staff; troubleshooting; building queries and exports; and exports; and assisting users throughout the department.
- Aggregates data, compiles reports and mailing lists.
- Maintains accurate donor records for updating the annual donor wall and website, Discovery Ball program book and Team Endeavour tile sponsorship recognition.
- Provides staff support to activities of THE MUSES auxiliary group, including meetings and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorís Degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving abilities, with ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor, with ability to interact effectively with general public, high-level donors and volunteers.
- Previous data entry and administrative assistance experience preferred. Previous non-profit or development office experience, two or more years, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications and database programs; Raiserís Edge experience strongly preferred.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
$16-$19 per hour plus excellent benefits.
Letter, Resume and Salary History (A Must) to the HR Dept.
via fax at 213-744-2673, email to [email protected],
or mail to the California Science Center Foundation, H. R.
Dept, 700 Exposition Park Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90037. No phone calls