The Box Office Cashier is responsible for the accurate and speedy processing of ticket sales. The cashier sells/redeems attraction tickets and assists guest with their exhibit/attraction experience. Deals with any minor guest issues concerning the Box Office transactions and IMAX theater. When assigned to a paid exhibit, attraction or work area, follow all cash handling and other Department procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of guest friendly service, appreciating the organizationís dependence on happy, satisfied guests.
- Serve guests in a speedy and efficient manner striving to keep each guest transaction under 2 minutes in length.
- Communicate well with guests, always remaining polite, courteous, and helpful.
- Provide accurate information to guests regarding product and prices.
- Retain complete knowledge of all products, discounts, and promotions.
- Operate computerized cash register.
- Follow all concession stand cash handling and paperwork policies and procedures, tabulating change, deposits, and daily bank accurately
- High school diploma and some college preferred
- 1+ years of customer/guest services experience preferred
- Must have strong public speaking skills to interact with guests
- Must have knowledge of all exhibits and daily operations preferred
- Ability to follow and train others on policies and procedures
- Great communication skills and ability to listen
- Strong cash handling skills
- Capable of maintaining good attendance
- Experience working with the OMNI Ticketing System preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as required.
$9.00 per hour
Letter, Resume and Salary History (A Must) to the HR Dept.
via fax at 213-744-2673, email to [email protected],
or mail to the California Science Center Foundation, H. R.
Dept, 700 Exposition Park Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90037. No phone calls