Host (Bilingual-English and Mandarin/Japanese/Korean Preferred)
The Hostís primary responsibility is to provide the best guest experience at the California Science Center by greeting all guests in a friendly, professional manner, interacting frequently with them to ensure that their needs are met and their questions answered. The Host works in a variety of areas within the department, including the IMAX Theater.
- Delivers high quality, guest services to all California Science Centerís guests
- Shares and provides information, assist and responds to guestís specific area of interest
- Exercises active listening skills and positive body language when interacting with guests
- Responsible for directing children who become separated from parents or groups
- Circulates assigned areas and keep vigilant to guestís needs
- Promotes the Science Centerís educational programming and Annual Memberships to guests
- Explains interactive exhibits to audiences and delivers presentations
- Seeks to understand educational goals that may better assist the guests
- Works with groups and provide appropriate customer service to various age/grade levels
- Assists in keeping all storage and work areas clean and organized
- Alerts janitorial staff for any restocking or cleaning needed
- Reports unresolved maintenance issues to supervisor
- Practices safety at the workplace
- High School Diploma / Some College background in science, education, theater or related field preferred
- 1+ years of customer/guest service experience preferred
- Must have strong public speaking skills
- Ability to introduce science in a more personal level
- Comfortable memorizing and presenting material as necessary
- Friendly, energetic and outgoing personality
- Great communication skills and ability to listen
- Problem solving skills and the ability to resolve minor guest and/or staff conflicts
- Must be reliable, detail oriented, and the ability to greet guests in a friendly, professional manner
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for long periods of time
- Experience in teaching or working with the public in an informal education or public setting preferred
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience interacting and/or handling live animals preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, evenings and nights as required.
- Preferred Skills: Excellent Customer Service, Verbal Communication, and Bilingual skills with English and Korean, Japanese or Chinese language.
$9 per hour
Letter, Resume and Salary History (A Must) to the HR Dept.
via fax at 213-744-2673, email to [email protected],
or mail to the California Science Center Foundation, H. R.
Dept, 700 Exposition Park Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90037. No phone calls