The Development Manager is responsible for the oversight of the California Science Center Foundationís Partners in Learning annual giving program (donors making unrestricted gifts at the $1,500 level and above) and the Team Endeavour tile sponsorship program (individuals sponsoring a shuttle tile at the $1,000 level and above in support of the EndeavourLA Campaign). The Development Manager functions as a member of the larger Development staff team, supporting Trustee engagement and other fundraising initiatives as assigned including the Discovery Ball annual gala and the Campaign.
- Manage annual fundraising plans to sustain and grow the California Science Centerís Partners in Learning annual giving and Team Endeavour tile sponsorship programs.
- Provide staff support to the Partners in Learning committee, composed primarily of members of the Board of Trustees, including coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and supporting materials, and tracking prospects.
- Maintain regular contact with committee members between meetings to keep them apprised of California Science Center activities and assist with their outreach in support of new donor acquisition.
- Develop relationships with Partners in Learning donors, Team Endeavour tile sponsors and annual fund committee members in support of their sustained and increasing engagement.
- Identify, research, cultivate and participate in the solicitation of new annual donors and tile sponsors.
- Oversee the Partners in Learning renewal process, with a focus on the upgrade of current members and donors.
- Plan, implement and staff donor stewardship activities, including receptions and luncheons, presentations, special exhibit and IMAX film viewings, speaker programs, tours and more.
- Coordinate the Board of Trustees Statement of Commitment process to secure annual gift commitments (Partners in Learning, Discovery Ball and other) from Trustees in fulfillment of the expectations of board service.
- Draft correspondence to Partners in Learning and Team Endeavour tile sponsors, including solicitation letters, proposals, renewal letters, invoices, acknowledgment letters, event/program invitations and newsletters.
- Prepare written reports and talking points on Partners in Learning and Team Endeavour activities and progress toward goals for Executive Committee and Board of Trustees meetings and as required.
- With the support of the Development Coordinator, ensure timely processing of gifts and accurate recording in hard and electronic files.
- With the support of the Development Coordinator, ensure benefits fulfillment according to gift level (voucher mailings, requests for optional experiences) and accurate recognition of donors (on donor signage, web site and in select publications).
- Coordinate the distribution of annual Exposition Park parking passes for California Science Center Trustees, donors and constituents.
- Oversee production and monitor inventory of Partners in Learning and Team Endeavour printed materials.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the Development department expense and revenue budgets.
- Serve as staff liaison to THE MUSES volunteer support group.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Previous fundraising experience, three or more years; annual fund experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop productive relationships with staff, trustees and funders.
- Aptitude for donor engagement and professional demeanor; experience working with volunteer committees or boards preferred.
- Strong writing and editing skills; must be able to produce relevant writing samples upon request.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and ability to establish and maintain high standards of information management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and effective project management ability.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent follow-through and ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks while balancing all assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to produce results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications and database programs; Raiserís Edge experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to interpret financial information; budgeting experience preferred.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
$45,000 to $50,000, annualized, plus excellent benefits.
Letter, Resume and Salary History (A Must) to the HR Dept.
via fax at 213-744-2673, email to [email protected],
or mail to the California Science Center Foundation, H. R.
Dept, 700 Exposition Park Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90037. No phone calls